- Colour :Grey
- Form Brushable & trowellable paste
- Specific Gravity 1.1 approx.
- Composition A fibre reinforced solution of an acrylic co-polymer
- Store and transport this container in a secure upright position. Ensure the lid is secure. Store for up to 12 months from date of manufacture in original, unopened packaging under dry conditions within the temperature range of +5°C to +25°C and out of direct sunlight. Protect from frost.
TYPICAL PERFORMANCE DATA (Approx.)
- Application Temperature: +5°C to +35°C
- Service Temperature: -10°C to +85°C depending on ambientconditions
- Coverage: 1 – 2kg (approx.) per m2
- Drying Times Immediate waterproofing; 2 to 3 days to dry depending on application thickness, ambient temperature and humidity.
- Chemical & Water Resistance: Resistant to most salt solutions,some dilute acids and alkalis.Not resistant to oils, solvents, somedetergent solutions and some glass cleaning compounds.
- Heat Flow Resistance:The cured film will not sag or flow under normal conditions
- Fire Resistance:
- Wet: Flammable
- Dry: Will burn
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
IMPORTANT: Before using Bostik Flexacryl Instant Repair
for Roofs refer to the relevant Health & Safety Data Sheet,
available at www.bostik.co.uk.
- 1. Ensure the roof surface is structurally sound, clean, dry and free from surface contaminants such as grease, oil, rust and dirt.
- 2. Remove any organic growth i.e. moss or lichen with Bostik Fungicidal Wash.
- 3. Most surfaces do not need to be primed.
- 4. New metal surfaces should be degreased with a suitable solvent. Metal surfaces with residual rust remaining after cleaning should be treated with a zinc
phosphate or other suitable rust inhibitive primer. New galvanised sheeting should be primed with a suitable primer.
- 5. Highly porous or friable surfaces should be primed with Bostik Penetration Primer for Roofs (see separate product data sheet). Ensure that the primer is fully dry before applying Bostik Flexacryl Instant Repair for Roofs. Bostik Flexacryl Instant Repair for Roofs can be applied directly to wet surfaces once all the surface contaminants have been removed and any excess water brushed away.
- 6. Stir Bostik Flexacryl Instant Repair for Roofs well before use
- 7. Where possible we recommend using disposable brushes for the application of Bostik Flexacryl Instant Repair for Roofs.
- 8. Apply by brush straight from the container in a single, uniform application at a rate of 1 – 2kg per m2 depending on application:
- On a sloping roof: one coat at 1kg per m2
- On a sloping roof which ponds: two coats at 1kg per m2
- In gutters subject to scouring: two coats at 1kg per m2
- 9. Ensure gaps or cracks are completely covered, as Bostik Flexacryl Instant Repair for Roofs contains fibres that will bridge and seal them permanently.
- 10. Clean tools and equipment immediately after use with
- 11. Dried product is difficult to remove.
PRECAUTIONS IN USE
Bostik Flexacryl Instant Repair for Roofs is not recommended for use in aquatic environments, or internally as a tanking membrane. For areas where there is
regular foot traffic it is recommended that Bostik Flexacryl Instant Repair for Roofs is overlaid with promenade tiles or similar protective material.
Colour indicated on pack is a guide only. It is recommended that users apply a small amount of Bostik Flexacryl Instant Repair for Roofs in an inconspicuous area and allow to dry to determine colour suitability before commencing work.
Shade variations may occur between batches. When completing project requiring multiple tins please ensure that they are from the same batch.