-No. After several weeks the plasticiser in the vinyl will ‘bleed’ into the adhesive making it soft and sticky. The bond will then fail.
-It has probably been stored at less than 5°C. If you allow it to warm up slowly to room temperature overnight, it should return to its normal workability.
YOUR SMART ADVANTAGES
No need for support
EVO-STIK Impact Adhesive is a high strength, multipurpose adhesive that bonds instantly on contact. EVOSTIK Impact Adhesive has the power to bond most types of
materials, and will even fix non-porous surfaces together e.g. metal to metal, making it ideal for a wide range of DIY tasks and household repairs. EVO-STIK Impact Adhesive is ideal for bonding: wood, MDF, laminate, metal, PVC, cork, leather, rubber, glass, mirror, stone, and ceramics.EVO-STIK Impact Adhesive is not suitable for use on polystyrene, cellulose paint, vinyl, polythene, polypropylene and rayon fabrics. If in doubt, test a small area first.
Form: Viscous liquid
Specific Gravity: 0.84 approx.
Composition: Rubber/synthetic resin in hydrocarbonblend
Product Code: 30812364 65g
Storage/Shelf Life :Store for up to 12 months from date of manufacture when stored in original, unopened packaging in a cool, well ventilated place within the temperature range of +5°C to +25°C.
TYPICAL PERFORMANCE DATA (Approx.)
Application Temperature: +5°C to +35°C
Service Temperature: +5°C to +55°C
Coverage (approx.): One Surface Coat:
Both Surfaces Coat: 0.21m2 per 65g Tube
Drying Times: 24 hours for adhesive to reach full bond strength
Open Time : Bond between 20 to 60 minutes
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
IMPORTANT: Before using EVO-STIK Impact Adhesive refer to the relevant Health & Safety Data Sheet, available at www.bostik.co.uk.
1. Surfaces to be bonded must be clean and dry, being free from any contamination such as dust, grease or paint.
Tin based product:
2. A) Apply a thin, even coat of adhesive to both surfaces.
Tube based product:
B) Unscrew cap and apply a thin, even coat of adhesive
to both surfaces, using a spreader, spatula or clean
paint brush if necessary.
3. Allow the adhesive to become touch dry. This should take at least 20 minutes.
4. Align the surfaces carefully and when in place press together firmly without causing damage.
5. Exert pressure from the centre outwards to exclude any air pockets.
6. The bond is instant; however the adhesive will achieve full strength over 24 hours.
7. After use, ensure the container/tube is properly sealed.
QUICK USE APPLICATION
Where at least one material is porous you can use the following method:
8. Apply a thin coat of adhesive to the least porous surface and press the surfaces together immediately.
9. Hold together for a few minutes to allow the bond to form.
10. Do not disturb or test the bond for 24 hours to allow the adhesive to achieve full strength.
11. After use, ensure the container is properly sealed.
12. Uncured adhesive can be removed with a cloth dampened with EVO-STIK Adhesive Cleaner.
13. Cured adhesive may only be removed by mechanical means.
PRECAUTIONS IN USE
EVO-STIK Impact Adhesive is not suitable for use on polystyrene, cellulose paint, vinyl, polythene, polypropylene and rayon fabrics. If in doubt, test a small area first.
Recommendations and suggestions are for guidance only, since conditions of use are completely beyond our control.