YOUR SMART ADVANTAGES
− Ultra strong and fast setting
− Long lasting bond
− Suitable for use on most materials
Bostik All Purpose Clear Glue is a multipurpose solventborne adhesive, the dried film of which is virtually colourless and non-staining. It is quick drying, clean to use and provides strong, water-resistant bonds with excellent ageing properties. Bostik All Purpose Clear Glue bonds a wide variety of materials including metals, wood, glass, china, leather, felt, canvas, paper, cardboard, certain fabrics, PVC and various other plastics. It will bond all these materials to themselves or to each other as well as to plaster, stone and concrete. It is also excellent for bonding vinyl and plasticised PVC without the associated problems of migration that most other adhesives suffer.
Form: Mobile Liquid
Specific Gravity: 0.86 approx.
Composition: Nitrile rubber/resin based solution in a
mixture of ketone solvents
Product Code: 30813296 20ml
Storage/Shelf Life: Store for up to 24 months from date of manufacture when stored in the original, unopened packaging under dry conditions within the temperature range of +5°C to +25°C. Store away from sources of ignition.
TYPICAL PERFORMANCE DATA (Approx.)
Setting Times : Bonds within 10 minutes. Fully set in afew hours.
Flammability: Highly flammable. Flashpoint: 18°C
Service Temperature: -40°C to +80°C
Water Resistance: Good
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
IMPORTANT: Before using Bostik All Purpose Clear Glue refer to the relevant Health & Safety Data Sheet, available at www.bostik.com/uk.
1. Make sure that the surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry and free from dust, dirt, grease and any other contaminants.
2. Protect nearby polished, cellulose or any other solvent sensitive surfaces as the adhesive may spoil the finish.
3. To bond non-absorbent surfaces such as metal or glass apply a thin film of adhesive to both surfaces. Allow 5 to 10 minutes drying time and then, having correctly
positioned the surfaces, press them together firmly. The bond will be instant and non-adjustable.
4. If one or both surfaces are absorbent apply a generous film of adhesive to one surface only and immediatelyjoin the two surfaces together under pressure.
Immobilise the items until the solvent has evaporated. Using this technique initial bond strength may be a little lower.
5. Remove surplus adhesive by the use of nail polish remover or acetone.
6. Dry adhesive is not easy to remove, particularly from sensitive surfaces where the solvent in the adhesive may have already caused damage. It is advisable to work
carefully and protect such surfaces to reduce the problem.
PRECAUTIONS IN USE
Bostik All Purpose Clear Glue will not bond polythene (polyethylene), polypropylene or Teflon. Bostik All Purpose Clear Glue is unsuitable for use on polystyrene, ellulose paint, rayon, acetate fabrics and other man-made materials. This is because the solvent in the adhesive will damage the materials. Bostik All Purpose Clear Glue is unsuitable for repairing pottery handles or other items that contain hot food and liquids.
Recommendations and suggestions are for guidance only, since conditions of use are completely beyond our control.